Learn how to delete entire categories or subcategories on your Spinstak eCommerce website.
If you want to eliminate an entire category or subcategory from one of your catalogs, we've made that easy. Learn how by following the simple steps below.
Hate to read? Watch our step-by-step how-to video on Removing Categories or Subcategories on Your Website.
CAUTION: Deleting an entire category or subcategory will also remove the products that reside within that category or subcategory. If you'd like those products to remain in your catalog, we recommend moving them to another category or subcategory first. Read our support article How to Move Products Between Categories or Subcategories to learn how.
1. First login to your Admin Panel.
2. On the left side menu, click Catalog Management. This will open a dropdown menu.
3. Under the dropdown menu, click Organize A Catalog.
4. From the Catalog dropdown menu, select the catalog that contains the category or subcategory you'd like to delete.
5. Here you can remove a top-level category or an entire subcategory from your catalog:
Deleting a Top-Level Category
a. Locate the top-level category you'd like to remove and click the Delete checkbox next to the category.
NOTE: When deleting a top-level category, any subcategory that resides underneath of it will become its own top-level category.
Deleting a Subcategory
b. Click the Expand All link to view all available subcategories. Locate the subcategory you'd like to remove and click the Delete checkbox next to the subcategory.
6. Click the UPDATE button at the bottom of the page.