Learn how to mark certain products as out of stock and how to create your own custom out of stock message on your Spinstak eCommerce website.
To let your customers know which products may be out of stock, we've created a feature that allows you to mark the product with an icon and custom message. Follow the simple steps below to learn how.
Hate to read? Watch our step-by-step video on How to Mark SKUs Out of Stock.
1. First login to your Admin Panel.
2. On the left side menu, click Store Settings. This will open a dropdown menu.
3. Under the dropdown menu, click Store.
4. Under the Admin column, click the Store button.
5. Locate the Stock Settings section. Ensure that Display Out of Stock Logo is set to Yes.
6. In the Out of Stock Message field, enter the message that will display when a user hovers over the OUT OF STOCK icon.
This is how the message will display on your website:
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the SAVE button.
8. On the left side menu, click Catalog Management. This will open a dropdown menu.
9. Under the dropdown menu, click Stock Settings.
10. In the SKU Number(s) field, enter the SKU or SKUs that you'd like marked Out of Stock.
TIP: You can add multiple SKUs to the SKU Number(s) field by separating each SKU with a comma.
11. Click the Mark It button. The products you've marked as Out of Stock will now appear below the Out of Stock SKUs section of the Stock Settings page.
There will also be an OUT OF STOCK icon displayed next to each SKU on your website:
NOTE: Even when a product is marked as Out of Stock, customers can still add the products to their cart and place an order.
To prevent customers from ordering a product, we recommend hiding the product. Read our support article Hiding or Unhiding Products and SKUs to learn how.
12. To mark SKUs as In Stock, locate the product in the Out of Stock SKUs section and click the MARK IN STOCK button.