Learn how a customer can create their account or how you can set it up for them.
Hate to read? Watch our step-by-step video on how-to Create a Customer Account.
There are two ways to create a customer account:
- Customer Level
- Admin Level
Customers can create their own account on the front end of the website by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to the store's website.
2. Click Create Account (this is generally located in the top right corner of the website).
3. Complete all required fields in the Account Settings area.
NOTE: The Account Settings area is where a customer can create their own unique username and password.
4. Complete all required fields in the Address Information area.
NOTE: If the Billing Address and Shipping Address are the same, you can click on the Copy from billing information checkbox.
5. Click Create Account.
6. Customers can now log in using their unique username and password.
An email confirmation will be sent to inform the web admin owner that a new customer account has been created.
Those with admin access can manually create customer accounts by following the steps below:
1. Login to your Admin Panel.
2. On the left sidebar menu, click on Orders & Customers.
3. Click on Customers.
4. In the top right corner, click the Add button.
5. Complete all required fields for your customer.
NOTE: Be sure to provide your customer with their username and password.
6. Click the Save button.