Learn how to add categories or subcategories to your Spinstak eCommerce website.
Hate to read? Watch our step-by-step how-to video.
1. Login to your Admin Panel.
2. On the left-side menu, click Catalog Management. This will open a dropdown menu.
3. From the dropdown menu, click Organize A Catalog.
4. From the Catalog dropdown menu, select the catalog where you'd like to add a category or subcategory.
5. Locate the Category Name field and fill in the name of the category or subcategory you'd like to add.
6. Click on the Parent dropdown menu and select one of the following:
- To create a Top-Level or Parent Category - select the Top Level option.
- To create a Subcategory - select the category or subcategory under which your new subcategory will reside.
- For example, if you wanted to add a subcategory named Structured Abrasives and have it appear under the Abrasives top-level category, you would simply select the Abrasives top-level category from the dropdown menu (see screenshot below).
7. If you'd like your new category or subcategory to link to another website, PDF or other document you can paste the URL in the External URL field.
Note: If you are adding a new category or subcategory that will contain products, leave the External URL field blank.
8. If you'd like the category to display in a preferred order, enter a number in the Display Order field. If you don't fill in this field, the Display Order will default as 0.
9. Click the ADD button.